Take these simple steps to prolong the life of your bike and get the most out of your ride.
1. Keep your bike dry and clean. Riding in wet weather is fine but leaving your bike constantly exposed to the elements will decrease the life span of leather components and moving parts.
2. Check your tyre pressure regularly. We recommend that your tyre pressure is between 55 - 65 psi. This will ensure a smooth, easy ride and maximum traction.
3. Lube the chain every 1 - 2 months. A well lubricated chain will last longer and decrease drive-train wear. You can purchase lube from your local bike store. We recommend 'dry' chain lube as it is less likely to get on your clothes.
All Papillionaire bicycles should be serviced once every 6 months.
The following services are offered free to Papillionaire owners at our Brooklyn, NY store:
- Free full service within the first 3 months of purchase.
- Free gear adjustments at any time during the life of your Papillionaire bike.
- Free tyre pumping at any time during the life of your Papillionaire bike.
STANDARD SERVICE $59
All bikes need some TLC occasionally
You can bring your bike into either our Brooklyn, NY store for a minor service which includes the following:
- Safety Check
- Brake Pad Realignment
- Brake Caliper Adjustment
- Tightening of Brake Cables
- Bolts & Nuts Tightening
- Gear Adjustment (Rear Hub)
- Tyre Condition Check, PSI Check
- Headset Greased and Retightened
- Frame Wipe Down
- Adjust Chain Tension
- Suggested Maintenance Report
DETAILED SERVICE $99
Some bikes need some tough love
Includes STANDARD SERVICE, PLUS:
- Lubricate Brakes & Gear Cables
- Wheel Realignment and Truing
- Drive Chain Regreased
- Cleaning Brake Surfaces on Rims
Bookings for all types of services are essential. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (718) 422-0787 to make a booking.